Molly aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaraB

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was having some water quality issues with my 20 gallons so I re-homed my tetras got my cory cats healthy again before re-homing them as well.
So my water is fine again and back to crystal clear.
I bought a dalmatian molly about 2-3 weeks ago (fell in love with her at the store). She's doing great. Now i'm wondering if I could add another female or keep platys with her?
I try to upload a picture of the tank later

Size 20 gallon tall, heavily planted
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5 ppm
Ph 7.5
Temp 78 F
Not sure of my gh/kh but can get the water tested again if you want to know
Thanks in advance

If you can decide your favorite fish you would like to make the tank for, building the tank specifically for that fish or couple types of fish would be a good option. Then finding the other fish which will work together with your most favorites.

It is hard to decide when there are so many great looking fish.

By focusing on the top of your list you can make sure you have exactly what those fish need and give them the best possible environment.

My answer would be to take a bit to check out your next favorite fish kind, and if it is Platy know that they will have babies, and more babies and more babies and you will not have a large enough tank at 20G. I was overrun with Platy and I had a 46G and had way too many.

Livebearer life... Many people get a larger fish to eat the babies, alternatively, you can get only a few males, ans sometimes it will be okay and sometimes they could fight. I would say Mollies moreso than Platy though.

Except I already have the 1 molly. I just wanted her to have friends. Will she get too big for this tank? Size information on Google is really inconsistent for both the fish and tank size.
I do also have a smaller tank that can hold her fry for now until they are big enough to go sell to the lfs.

Back
Top Bottom