Moving my questions here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hope im in the right thread area now..Just wondering without crowding my tank..whats a safe nuber of fish to start of my 30gl tank with??

Well, according to the inch per gallon rule, 30 1" fish. for example, you could have 30 neon tetras. But this rule has been broken many times and many have had success not following it. If that's your ideal stock list, I would go for two gouramis, 12 neon tetras, 4 mollies, and 4 guppies (make sure they're all male, otherwise you'll constantly have fry) I'd leave out the "suckerfish" simply because they tend to produce a lot of waste, and almost never get enough food or the proper diet.

Actually you might try just a single gourami. Males are territorial and even the females can fight if you don't find fish with the right personality. If you buy two, be prepared to seperate them if you have too. Moonlight gouramis are generally considered one of the most peacefully natured of the gouramis..possibly a Pearl?

Have you cycled your tank yet?

Male Honey gouramis do just fine with each other, never fight. You could do 10 neon tetra, 6-8 Corydora catfish, 1 Bristlenose pleco, and a Single Pearl gourami.

Back
Top Bottom