my 30 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bdp242

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 30 gallon build includes:

1 silver zebra angel
3 corry cats (2 peppermint and 1 panda)
2 Blue Gouramis
4 leopard longfin danio

What else could I add?

I have 1 BN and 4 yogis in my 30 and 2 Cory cats that will be upped to 5 on new tank set up day and my tank is cleaner then ever. And yo yo's are crazy fun to watch.

1 bristlenose pleco would be just fine.

I would suggest kuhli loaches. I love those little guys.

1 bristlenose pleco would be just fine.

I would suggest kuhli loaches. I love those little guys.

don't kuhli loaches need 50+ gallons? I use live aquaria as my source when knowing what tank sizes fish need.

I have a ten, a thirty a fifty five being set up and a five gallon bedside for my daughter

No you could easily do 5 Kuhli loaches in a 30 gallon

Wow. So that wouldn't over stock an aquarium? Ive heard the bottom feeders don't really count towards the usual one inch per gallon rule

bdp242 said:
don't kuhli loaches need 50+ gallons? I use live aquaria as my source when knowing what tank sizes fish need.

I just recently upgraded my 29 gallon to 55 but had two black khuli loaches in the 29 no problem. I did start off with 3, one died within the first week I brought them home and I just havnt been able to find any more to add. I hear they're more active the more you have. They are long and slender but like to get under things and squeeze in tight spaces. Mine always come out during feeding time, especially for shrimp pellets or Algae wafers. My kids call them their "snake fishes".

bdp242 said:
Wow. So that wouldn't over stock an aquarium? Ive heard the bottom feeders don't really count towards the usual one inch per gallon rule

One inch per gallon is a good basic rule of thumb for beginners but there are so many more factors to consider with each individual species.

Back
Top Bottom