My fluval edge 6g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I couldn't help myself.. now has gravel. I'll add another cup full of black I think.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120713_141028.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120713_141028.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 63
I've almost made my decision re stocking.

Probably Apple snails and a Betta. :) just gotta do some deeper research. But gonna check out shrimp just to be sure first.

Who has the same stock?

I have had that exact stock in that exact tank!

Betta was great in that tank. He had no trouble finding the air gap, but just keep the filter flow turned down for him/her.

Shrimp are also great. However my Betta DID NOT like sharing a tank with shrimp and bullied them mercilessly. From research I did this is pretty common so something to be aware of. Apple snail was very fun too - snails seem a safer choice generally with most Betta's although each one is different.

Good luck :)

I have had that exact stock in that exact tank!

Betta was great in that tank. He had no trouble finding the air gap, but just keep the filter flow turned down for him/her.

Shrimp are also great. However my Betta DID NOT like sharing a tank with shrimp and bullied them mercilessly. From research I did this is pretty common so something to be aware of. Apple snail was very fun too - snails seem a safer choice generally with most Betta's although each one is different.

Good luck :)

Yeah, it just depends on the betta. Some people have kept guppies with bettas (which is a big no-no) and others could put absolutely nothing with their betta, as it would bully every single thing they put in.

Plan would be to put the companions in first.

Another question. How do I do a fish less cycle if I cannot get my hands on pure ammonia?

Will be seeding filter from the goldfish tank.

And have some live plants

Back
Top Bottom