My journey with 29 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and I am getting some java moss. The girls and I will go to the LFS on Sat and see what they have. I want to see what low light plants they have and hopefully some drift wood or rocks for the moss. If I don't like their plants, I will look at other options.

Also, filter. I have the ones that come with it and I wanted to look at something like a sponge. Where do you get that? Or would the one that is in there work ok?

Also, what kind of food to get for everyone? I saw that some need veggies tied down. So I was going to get a rock and do that. In the past, I have feed flakes w/ color booster. Is that good or is there something better? What other treats should I pick up?

Sarasein said:
Also, what kind of food to get for everyone? I saw that some need veggies tied down. So I was going to get a rock and do that. In the past, I have feed flakes w/ color booster. Is that good or is there something better? What other treats should I pick up?

New Life Spectrum (NLS) and omega one are the best. Just get the NLS community blend if you go with them.

Ammonia has been steady at 4 ppm. It looked a little lighter today than in the past and I finally got an Nitrites reading. I got purple in the tester. I would guess .25 ppm.

Also, I went to the LPS and found they mostly did salt water. But there was some fresh on the back row. And they had plants. He just dug them out of the tank and put them in a bag. He said there are no snails, so I tossed them strait in, to give me some of his bioload. I also got a driftwood log. The tanks is looking nice. I should figure out how to take a picture and post it.

I was also looking at the fish. He had an albino bristlenose pleco or some other small Pleco. (Not sure what it was, but it was tiny too. He said it would not get to big.) He also had the juli corys and nice assortment of tetras and guppies.

So looks like I can get most of my fish there. My girls are excited to get fish. The middle one keeps fussing cause we have to wait for it to be ready.

NH 4 PPM
No2 2 PPM
NO3 5 PPM

Found a pond filter, cut it in 1/2 and then down small enough to fit in my filter.

I have started taking pictures of the results, so I can compare them. I find the cards hard to read exactly.

NH lighter than yesterday
No2 darker than yesterday
NO3 darker than yesterday

Got my Java moss in the mail. Tossed it in last night. Going to make a java moss wall once I get all the supplies

Just plugging away. Testing keeps going right. Ordered the mesh for the java moss wall and my mom has some fishing line to use to tie it together. Need to find some suction cups. Right now it is a big lump on the drift wood.

NH is dropping. I would would say a little darker then .25 PPM NO2 is about 2 PPM and NO3is about 5 PPM. So I am almost done. YA. new fish soon. I can't wait, Do I need to add more NH to the cycle. I did not test yesterday, but it was a large drop since Mon. Mon, it was about 4 ppm and now just .25 ppm

did a 50%PWC and then added 1/2 tsp NH. It is now reading about 2 ppm. Debating adding more, but I don't want to over do it.

Only had time to check NH. It had droped again. So I added more. Also did a 50% PWC to Fred's tank. He is developing a personalty. He now come to greet me. Should go feed him a couple of pellets.

Back
Top Bottom