My journey with 29 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarasein

Aquarium Advice Regular
I should start this, so everything is in one place. I set my tank back up. Currently, it just has gravel, water, air stones and pump and an OTB filter. No fish or plants. Doing a fish less cycle. I added water back on Sun. And turned the heater up to 84. I did not fill the tank full, so the filter is making bubbles and the 2 air stone are kicking up a lot of bubbles too

Yesterday, I got the Ace Brand Janitor Strength Ammonia. I added 3 tsp last night.

I got my AGI Freshwater testing Kit today. I checked PH and Ammonia. Both were off the charts. The Ammonia vile was blue. So, I guess I added too much. So, what do I do? PWC? How much? Or just wait it out? If I do a PWC, I need to use some of the de chlorine stuff right?

Ok, did about a 50% water change. Ammonia is about 8 PPM and PH is 7.6, maybe a little higher. Leaving it alone for now. Tomorrow, I will test and if still high, will do another 50% water change.

Ug, I found one problem. PH tested the tap water I am using. It is reading about 7.8. So, what do I do about that?

Sarasein said:
Ug, I found one problem. PH tested the tap water I am using. It is reading about 7.8. So, what do I do about that?

Just leave it. Most fish actually love that Ph. If your really worried though, some driftwood will help.

Hey! Same here! It's a great size for semi-beginners, and beginners alike!

i almost got to have a 40 gallon, but we had already bought the 29 gallon when my aunt said her friend was selling it. it was saddning :( anyway good look on the 29

whats wrong with 7.8?
I have no idea. I was thinking it needed to be 7.0. Just something to worry over.

Now, my fish list:

6-tetras,
6-guppies,
1-bristlenose- (he is a maybe. I may skip him)
6-juli peppered or bonze cories
1-bolivian ram

Will all of them be ok in that PH? My plan is to add each group about a week apart. I was thinking about working my way down.

ok so dont skip the bristlenose and get juli i love them here is my stocking list (betababe tell her yours too)
6-male guppies,
6-white skirt tetras,
1-albino bristlenose pleco,
6-juli corys,
1-apisto viejita,
1-german blue ram or maybe a bolivian.

Wow... You hit it right on the mark with stocking lol! What type of tetras? Have you checked out rummy noses?

allaboutfish said:
ok so dont skip the bristlenose and get juli i love them here is my stocking list (betababe tell her yours too)
6-male guppies,
1-dwarf gourami,
6-white skirt tetras,
1-albino bristlenose pleco,
6-juli corys,
1-apisto viejita,
1-german blue ram or maybe a bolivian.

(cough) homedog... Heres mine:

6 black skirts tetras
6 rummy nose tetras
6 orange laser cories
2 Bolivian rams (pair)
1 keyhole cichlid
1 starlight bristlenose pleco

I'm running a 50 gallon AC and a 30 gallon AC.

Sarasein said:
Oh, I really like them. I will mark that down to remember.

Yes... I don't even have one yet and it's already my favorite fish! Lol. That guy has some big fins to fill! ;)

Morning Test:

Ammonia: 8 PPM

plans: Will do a 50 % PWC later this afternoon. It did help to drop it yesterday, so I will do another today. Lesson learned. Don't put in the Ammonia till you can test to make sure it is right.

Back
Top Bottom