My journey with my new 29 gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do your plants need it? Here is a fun thread on another forum about peoples low-tech tanks. It's great.

Do your plants need it? Here is a fun thread on another forum about peoples low-tech tanks. It's great.

Idk I was just wonderng. So I'm going into town, I'm going to pick up a Cory.

Just take your time, the corys aren't going out of style any time soon :) Besides, maybe you'll get lucky and find a sale! I just got some for $1 a piece at petsmart last week.

High, so while the diatoms on the sand are slowing fading and sand is starting to look good I noticed them on the back wall I gave them a good scrub with my scrubber sword! But I'm afraid they'll come back in greater numbers!

I can already see a patch of diatoms that I missed. Also do you think I could get some snails?

I don't clean the back wall of the tank. Mostly because plants, decor, or equipment get in the way. I just let whatever is growing there be.
As for the diatoms, they are nutrient dependent and eventually they will consume whatever it is they are feeding off of (silicates?) and the will become less noticeable.

Die algea, die!!! Still fish ting the algea :(. So this weekend I will test add a panda Cory, anything else? Think I need more plants?

Also with my current stock on AqAdvisor it says the I'm 93% stoked and I heard that AqAdvisor is on the conservative side? Do you think I could add anything?

I'm a big fan of understocking the tank, makes most fish happier, especially in the long run. Just because you can fit two kids in each room, doesn't mean you want too! Let your tank set up, pull up a chair and watch your fish. How does your tank seem? Does it seem full of bustle? Empty? Just right? Also give your shy fish time to adjust and come out.

BTW- I want pictures of your tank set up right now :)

Hi, back from the dead lol! Having family probs. tanks kinda looking gross.

On a much happier note the plants are growing like crazy! The crypts are especially getting hge. I'm gonna add a Cory his weekend.

Back
Top Bottom