My loach has disapeared from my tank?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morky2012

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Someone please tell me what weirdness is happening in my tank?!? Ive got a yellow or properly known as a golden loach, he's about 10cm in length and quite big/fat! Sounds like I'm posting a lost and found! Lol!) but seriously how the heel does he disappear without a trace?! I had other fish seem like they have vanished then discovered remains somewhere in the tank! But this fish, nothing not a trace! Some have suggested its buried itself but I would be able to see it as my gravel is shallow! I leave the small flap ie feeding hole in the lid which is about the same width as the fish is, on my tank open due to condensation can he have got out ? ?? Please help I'm confused?! Again !

What decor do you have? Loaches can hide in plain sight or some where you would never look.

bettaowner said:
What decor do you have? Loaches can hide in plain sight or some where you would never look.

Not a lot at the mo, and I've only got one plant at the moment too! I have a barrel but I've checked and he's bright yellow so u can't miss him really and shallow gravel in black , could he have gotten in the filter??

Morky2012 said:
Not a lot at the mo, and I've only got one plant at the moment too! I have a barrel but I've checked and he's bright yellow so u can't miss him really and shallow gravel in black , could he have gotten in the filter??

image-571454925.jpg

My lost loach :((

My african dwarf frog hid on me too. Later I found him comfortably curled up behind the heater. If he had possibly gotten out of the tank you would have found him on the floor I would assume. He's gotta be a pro at hide-and-seek.

Both my kuhli loaches hide under the gravel too. He's probably just chillin' under the surface like a real ninja.

This looks like a albino bristle nose, not sure tho.
Look in your filter my albino bristle nose went MIA for about a week, I took every decoration out of the tank couldn't find him. Took the filter apart and there he was fat and happy right there in the bottom of the filter.

That is a Golden Algea Eater, I have 2 of them. I couldn't find one once, took all the deco's out, shook them all, set them on the table NO CAE. After about 10 minutes of searching the tank filter & all, I went back to the deco's. Shook & hit the one & he finally fell out, I thought for sure he was dead but no, his gills were moving, plopped him back in the tank & 3 weeks later he's still going strong.

Josh1158 said:
+1 on that. Look at its mouth....algae eater all the way

Yup, & Dojos mouths are like angled down.. In the front with little I assume like barbells things around his mouth.. Unfortunately I've never owned one, they seem like a blast.. But I have had a few golden algae eaters..

Well I had the unfortunate situation of finding two of my fish in the filter.... the little cap on the end of the thing that sucks the water into the filter came off... but your guy is prolly bigger than mine were... -sad- Back to the pet shop tomorrow i guess... :( Its kinda good for 48 hour refunds... :/

Back
Top Bottom