My New 5 Gallon Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So after a long wait our tank has finally been cycled!!! :D the funny part was I didn't even know it! Lol. But it's cycled and everything is great and our fish seem pretty happy. We went to the LFS and ended up picking up 3 Ember tetras (a lot smaller than I thought), 2 Cardinal tetras, 2 male guppies, and 3 red cherry shrimp ( and one of them is about to pop! Hopefully we have little shrimp running around soon. :)) we also picked up a banana plant, moneywort, and an assorted plant. I hope everything stays good here. Wish me luck! :thumbup: ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's a picture of the actual tank with a couple guppies at the top. :)

Attachments

• 1428379436501.jpg
    1428379436501.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 42
Nice but that sounds a little overstocked to me.... Just my opinion

Fish_Fan

I thought so too honestly, but the guppies are going to be leaving the tank in a couple weeks and moving to another one for my roommate until her tank gets situated. I haven't decided on the cardinals if they're staying or not but the guy at the lfs said it was fine until then. Everything but the guppies are less than an inch big right now. The embers are like half an inch! They're so small lol. So are the shrimp. The guppies were my real concern, I didn't want them, but the roommate had some say lol.

As long as you keep up with water quality and water changes they should be fine.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I woke up today and looked at the tank only to find a dead shrimp on the castle. It wasn't until later that the shrimp popped out from within the castle. I almost died. Apparently shrimp shed... And I didn't know that.. but he's ok now and the more you know lol.

Lol yessir depending on species, they molt about every few weeks. Don't be surprised if they eat it either, it's good nutrients for them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

That's super cool. I wish we had something like that lol. Sad news to report though: one of our guppies has passed. The other one seems alive and well along with all of the other fish. Can only find two shrimp though so Idk.. I'm going to do testing today to see how it's going. Will post results later today.

Some do multiple small feedings a day. I believe this is actually better for them.

Myself, I feed once daily because of my work schedule.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom