My new oscar is acting sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alyxx said:
Well at least that is one mystery solved. Trying another LFS might be a good idea. Ask them how long they quarantine their new additions and if the fish you are looking at has been eating. A good shop will have no problems answering questions like that. If they say they don't qt, just keep a closer eye on it in your qt tank. Also find out if they have a guarantee on live fish and how long it is if they have one. Picking up a "first aid kit" of meds before you try another fish will let you start to treat sooner if you see it is sick.

Hey, thanks for all your help. It's very useful. I'll let you know when I get another fish. Hopefully it goes better next time. :)

alli.knight said:
Hey, thanks for all your help. It's very useful. I'll let you know when I get another fish. Hopefully it goes better next time. :)

I hope so too :) . Most people have problems when they start out, but it gets easier as you go. As hard as this was, you learned a lot from the experience. I wish you the best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom