My potential stock ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Awesomehugs420

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My first tank and I've just finished cycling it. I think i'm ready to add some fishies...

-- I was wanting some neon tetras (the first ones i'll add)
-- I was thinking of some 'angel fish'(?) And I know for sure i want a sucker fish (the bottom feeders, not really sure on their real name..)
-- And i saw a red dragon blood peacock at my fish store I was really interested in. Though I'm not too sure if it's an advanced fish. The people working where preoccupied when i tried asking questions and sort of dismissed me.
-- I also see a lot of people talking about guppies as first fish too...

Any other ideas? And I'd like to know about the peacock fish..

Thanks!

I have guppies and dwarf gouramies and instead o sucker fish I got some bottom feeders like cory catfish and got mystery snails to clean glass and stuff . What size tank do you have

It's only 20gals. Hmmm... I'd really like the sucker fish. I saw some small albinos at the store I liked. But the Cory's sound pretty good. Think they would go well together or would there not be enough stuff to eat for the both?
Thanks!

It's only 20gals. Hmmm... I'd really like the sucker fish. I saw some small albinos at the store I liked. But the Cory's sound pretty good. Think they would go well together or would there not be enough stuff to eat for the both?
Thanks!

I would not go with a sucker fish they can big with your tank size I would not get any fish that gets larger than 4 inch
Cory catfish ( they come in abino) you could do 4 and then a few guppies and a dwarf gourami . What kind of filtration do you have

How big does a peacock get? Just e sure to research all your fish requirements like temp and tank size etc before you put them together

I would stay away from the red dragon peacock cichlid. They are from lake Malawi in Africa and need water parameters that are different then neons and plecos "sucker fish". Also, they can be aggressive and should be in an African cichlid tank setup. Now for a sucker you could look into clown plecos or bristlenose plecos which should be fine in a 20 gallon tank. The common variety gets way to large.

Right now I just have the basic aqueon setup: filter heater. But I may upgrade the filter to a fluvon U2... You can kinda see it in my profile pic I guess.

Could I maybe alter my tank aroun the African chilid? What would I need to change if I was and what other fish would be compatible?

Africans like hard water with lots of rock work to establish territory. Really in the 20 you could maybe do a pair but that's pushing it as they can get 5-6 inches. I would look into a bigger tank if you want to do African cochlids

I love dwarf gourami because they stay small here's a pic of mine

image-1001283223.jpg

Attachments

• image-732763810.jpg
    image-732763810.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 66
Ah. Alright, thanks :/

If you really like cichlids you could maybe look into German blue rams , electric rams, or Bolivian rams theycan be kept with neons guppies mine school around with my cories just food for thought

They don't even attac guppy fry . I have two males n one tank so far they are it nipping each other

Would I frog do well with the snails? Or would they eat them. I think I want a from idk what kind yet by I would like him pretty small... And suggestions?

I have read that african dwarf frogs will sometimes eat soft shelled snails. They are pretty cool little guys!

Yea you can always Get nerite snails or mts have pretty hard shells

Back
Top Bottom