My set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davy_Jones

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I found the things or some of the things I want to use in my set up.
2c_1_b.JPG

9f_1_b.JPG

c78e_1.JPG

40_1.JPG

Let me know what you think.
I still need a gravel color. Thinking about this:
68_1_b.JPG
[/img]

WOW, that's going to be one colorful tank!

I would suggest black or at least a dark monotone substrate. With the rainbow of colors you have in your decorations, keeping the bottom dark will help keep your eyes from going crazy. A dark monotone will allow you to see your fish better. If the tank is too busy, it will take away from the fish and make them difficult to see.

Ebay. But that ship I allready have.
Also, I was going to get tetra's but now I dont know what I want to get. I need some suggestions.

I would recommend dark substrate and a black background to bring out the colors you have chosen for ornaments.

I'M BLIND...LOL

I like the ship....and without the rest of the rainbow, the koi bubbler isn't too bad...I have to agree with zagz on the substate

Not all thats getting used. These are whats getting put in: Castle in 1st pic/ Shipwreck/ Aerating koi/ orange spiney shell/ orange rock/ ships wheel.

Very funny. I come here to get help and this is what I get.
I still need a fish selection.

Well, I haft to say all fish, but I originally wanted tetra's, now I think I want goldfish, then I think I want new world cichlids.
I guess I want some type of tetras.

Forget the goldfish you really only have room for one. You could do a school of 8-10 tetras with cory cats on the bottom. A bristle nose pleco would work in a 30. You could have an angel or a gourami as a centerpiece fish. Barbs are another option as well as rasboras or some types of rainbow fish. I would suggest a trip to your local LFSs to see what is available in your area and what you like.

Well, I was thinking about tiger barbs. How aggressive are thay and what are good tank mates for them?

They can be pretty nasty, a larger group helps. No tank mates with flowing fins. The bn pleco or cories would still work.

The good thing is whatever filter and air bubbler you choose, it'll be quiet compared to those loud ornaments. :D

Should be a cool tank.

Back
Top Bottom