My Shubunkin Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just then when I went to look at my goldfish tank and I noticed that my Shubunkin had it's tail fin torn a bit. And I would stay in one spot down the bottom breathing heavy.He is also not very active. It also had some of it's scales sticking out. It's always had this thing with it's tail and it's scales and I would mend them but then it just happens again. But I have never seen it down the bottom of my tank gasping for air it is normally one of my most active goldfish. Please help.

First thing is to check your water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. If you can do those tests and post the levels here it'll help. What size tank is it in and what are the other tank mates if any? Is the tank cycled? How often do you do water changes?

More information definitely will help us figure out whats going on! Water parameters (amm/nitrite/nitrate), tank size, tank mates, & water change schedule (as Librarygirl suggested) are all needed. How big is he & what do you feed him? Shubunkins do grow quite large (12-18inches) and typically are best suited to pond environments.

Back
Top Bottom