N00b - 60gal tank...right path?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are the color levels:
jN0YTsi.jpg

fSHLhvz.jpg

from left to right:
pH, ammonia, nitrite

Ok ok I see it a nitrite test. With reading that low for ammonia and nitrites. You should have nitrate readings. What does that test look like. Now, remember you have to follow that test to the letter and shake the heck out of the bottles!

Ok ok I see it a nitrite test. With reading that low for ammonia and nitrites. You should have nitrate readings. What does that test look like. Now, remember you have to follow that test to the letter and shake the heck out of the bottles!

Nitrate show a constant 5.0

and yup I shake the hell outta the tubes haha ;-)

From what I can see of the color in those tubes. I would say your tank is cycled. It's better if you put the card behind the test tubes by the way. ;-)

From what I can see of the color in those tubes. I would say your tank is cycled. It's better if you put the card behind the test tubes by the way. ;-)

:) Thanks! Yeah that's what I usually do, but I just didn't do it for the camera pic for whatever reason :-/

I figured I'd continue testing up until Friday...since i wouldn't have anytime to get fish between now and then anyway.

For stocking - I was thinking of: (not all at once)

5/6 cardinal tetras
5 bleed heart tetras
2 angelfish (GF likes those)
at least 1 rainbow shark (thats the one I really want). I read that most the time it's 1, but if you get them young sometimes you are ok.
I like those mickey mouse plattys but aren't sure if they will work with the water conditions of the above.
other then those I was thinking of danios and/or tiger barbs

what do you think?

Sounds ok. I'm not a huge barb fan but that's just me. Tiger barb have to be kept in a shoal of at least 5, If not they are terrorist's in a tank in my experience. This is a good site to to check your stock list with. www.aqadvisor.com

Sounds ok. I'm not a huge barb fan but that's just me. Tiger barb have to be kept in a shoal of at least 5, If not they are terrorist's in a tank in my experience. This is a good site to to check your stock list with. www.aqadvisor.com

Thanks for the help, tips and link ;-)

Last tank I had was a 10gal and it was my kids molly tank. This baby is mine...the kids just get to pick a few fish lol...they like the cardinal tetras.

You've been nice and supportive, I appreciate that :cool:

Hey, I'm just glad I could help. Remember to keep dosing ammonia up until 24hrs before you stock the tank. So your BB don't start to die off. Keep us posted!!

Back
Top Bottom