Nano in a 29???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justme68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi All! The hubby and I went looking at aquariums yesterday (my Christmas gift) and I'm soooo excited:dance: Anyway I was wondering, can you put nano fish in a 29 gal or is that too big of a tank? Sorry if its a silly question, just not sure. Haven't 100% decided if thats what i'm gonna stock with as there are just too many fish to choose from and I can't make a decision to save my life...LOL! If you like to give some opinions of what I can stock with I'd really appreciate it! :thanks::thanks:

I had chili rasboras in a 40b with kerri tetras, kitty tetras, angels, and cories. Don't know how they survived, but they did. They're now in a 20 long with all but the angels. You could do a huge school of something like chili rasboras... like 50 or so. Would look pretty cool.

No tank is really too big for a fish. The problem would be too small. The more room the better.

Those are some REALLY pretty fish!!! So could I do a couple or few schools of different kind of tetra? and I want it to look balanced(?) so do I necessarly need a centerpiece fish?

No, you don't *need* any particular kind of fish for any setup... unless you have an angel tank without an angel, then you'd need one (<- bad joke?).

Chili rasboras are the only nano fish I have experience with. Based on their general demeanor, I'd say they would be compatible with about any other mild mannered nano fish.

Back
Top Bottom