Nearly done cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevedocs

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,

No finished my 90 litre tall fluval Roma. It's gonna be planted and just wanted ideas on stock. I quite like the harlequin rasboras, and panda cories (may look to get it more established before adding theses) also like tetras. Looking for a main fish really kind of the show piece. Any thoughts?

Quite like the gouramis. Anyone with any input? How many type etc

That's about 23 US gallons so you have a good amount of room. You could do something like:
6 harlequin rasbora
6 panda cory
6 neon tetra
1 dwarf gourami (centerpiece)

Thanks for the reply. Is it ok to keep a lone gourami or would pairs be better you think. ?
Cheers

Steven

You can keep a lone gourami. A pair could work but they could get aggressive toward the other fish if they mate. If you get two of the same gender, they might fight among themselves for territory.

librarygirl said:
You can keep a lone gourami. A pair could work but they could get aggressive toward the other fish if they mate. If you get two of the same gender, they might fight among themselves for territory.

That being said finding a female is pretty difficult. Well for dwarfs at least. The females are just grey so they don't get sold to often I tried to find one for A good couple months but the only way I could get one was to order it online. I even had my one lfs try and get one sent but the supplier never did. The lfs doesn't order many fish from them anymore lol.

Hearing a lot that the dwarf gouramis get ill alot, is this the case? I don't fancy having to treat my tank all the time. Any other gouramis or centre piece out there?

Thanks

stevedocs said:
Hearing a lot that the dwarf gouramis get ill alot, is this the case? I don't fancy having to treat my tank all the time. Any other gouramis or centre piece out there?

Thanks

Every fish gets sick. I didnt have a problem with my dwarfs at all... But for that size of tank I'm not sure maybe a croaking gourami but I don't know anything about them

Back
Top Bottom