need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbentley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just purchased a 10 gal tank

I also purchased a Eheim ecco 2234 filter.

can this filter be used on this small tank?. box says up to 60 gallons.

can you get to big of a filter for this small tank?

please help.
very new at this.

I think that is going to be a little too big. I would opt for the Eheim 2213 instead, if you can take that one back. The 2213 might be harder to find in stores but you can get it online. I have 2 of them, and they work great.

I purchased it from petco for 27.00 today. do you think this Eheim ecco 2234 would kill my fish in this 10 gal tank.
I am looking for an outside canister, I have it on my counter: Do you like the fruval's more?

ps. wow is all i can say to your beautiful pictures.

Wow, that is a great price! I see why you bought it.

I think realistically it will be too strong for that size tank.

You can try it though if you want. You can try limiting flow on the output side by half closing the QD valves or you can try drilling the holes in the spray bar larger.

Rather than modify it though, personally I would sell it on eBay. You could make a decent profit on it and then pick up something more appropriately sized. Or save it should you get a bigger tank someday.

As far as the fluvals--have heard good things but I don't think they make a canister small enough for your tank. There are only 2 I have seen that are appropriately sized: the Eheim 2213 and the Tom Rapids Nano canister.

You could always make your own canister filter if you wanted using Tupperware, a few parts and a water pump.

Thank you for the compliments.

Back
Top Bottom