need help choosing a fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaitlin4599

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello im not new to the fish hobby persay but havent had fish in over 5 years so i need a little help. ok so heres my situation. im buying my first fish tank and im limited on space and im having trouble deciding between, a 2.5 gallon tank and a 5.5 gallon tank due to size of space limit as well as budget limit, a 10 gallon starter kit which cost 50$ is something i can afford, im also not sure what fish would go well with a 2.5 gallon im mainly thinking betta fish and maybe tetras. i dont want a ton of fish in my tank just a few, heres links to the 2 tanks i have in mind which do u recommend and which would be good for a betta fish and maybe tetras, i plan on adding only one fish at a time so they can aclimate better. also if i buy the 2.5 gallon what size heater and filter would i need to buy?

so heres the links

http://www.petsmart.com/sale/aquariu...#RatingsDetail

http://www.petsmart.com/sale/aquariu...ar_id=36-17829

Honestly anything less than 5g is pretty much too small for anything in my opinion

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

What all is in the kit?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Of those two I'd definitely get the 5.5 gallon. That actually looks like a pretty nice starter kit. Besides what they mention you will still need a heater for tropical fish, including a betta (a 5.5 gallon will house a single betta) What's good is that even if you eventually upgrade the lighting or filter, you still have a nice, standard size 5.5 gallon glass tank.

Just in general, on tank size, always get the largest you can afford, have room for, and the energy to maintain properly.

Last edited:
sorry,go to petsmart website and search for a 10 gallon tank and is a top fin starter kit for just over $48..hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom