Need help with a pleco ID please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I bought my albino pleco, LFS told me it would get half the size of commons. I have it in a 55g currently. This is a picture I took today. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• image-2326491729.jpg
    image-2326491729.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 53
Is that an Albino Common Pleco or an Albino BN Pleco? I can't tell from the picture? If it's an Abino BN then they usually only get around 4 inches. Can't say if it's an albino common, if there even is one.

Is that an Albino Common Pleco or an Albino BN Pleco? I can't tell from the picture? If it's an Abino BN then they usually only get around 4 inches. Can't say if it's an albino common, if there even is one.

It doesn't have the bristles like pictures I've seen on google. Here's a closer picture of him if his helps. And the nasty green looking stuff on the filter intake is what's left of a zucchini piece I fed him yesterday, please ignore it lol.

Attachments

• image-3682081850.jpg
    image-3682081850.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 39
Her eyes are red and it looks like it's an albino bn pleco to me. Young ones don't have bristles so only time will tell if it a male or female.

They don't get bristles till they grow almost full grown either it took mine forever to get its bristles

I have one of those little guys too. I e read only males get the bristles and they don't get them till their grown or close to it I think. But from what I've read about them they get about 5" mine still small like yours.

Glad to know you think it's a bristlenose, Rivercats! I was worried it was gonna be a common and be to big for my tank, I'm already really attached to it!

I have one of those little guys too. I e read only males get the bristles and they don't get them till their grown or close to it I think. But from what I've read about them they get about 5" mine still small like yours.

Longfin Albino BN are slightly smaller than regualar BNP's.

Back
Top Bottom