Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

POTM Champion

Send a message via AIM to Broke EF
Need help with stocking!!!

OK guys, I figured I would start a thread specifically for stocking my 46 gallon bow front. Here are the details of what I have,

Aqueon 46 Gallon Bow Front
Aqueon glass lid, and standard single florescent light
Aqueon 55/75 Quiet Flow filter
Aqueon Pro 200 watt heater

And here is a quick picture of it currently. I want to add in another rock formation/cave before I get fish in it.

As you can see I am using sand for a sub strait, and do not want live plants yet (maybe down the road). My pH is a little high, in tank is currently 7.6 maybe a little higher? And the High Range pH was about 8.2 The water from the tap was basically the same, with the High Range closer to 8.

But I am at almost a complete loss for stocking! There are so many fish out there, and I like too many of them I would really like a Cichlid tank, but it seems like no matter what I do I have some kind of conflict. I tried to look up 40 gallon cookie cutter set ups, but when I put them in AqAdvisor I get all kinds of warnings. Some are not recommended for my tank on that site even, I assume because of length?

HELP!!!

Thanks,
Sean

Old 10-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I always love the African Ciclid the blue ones are awsome, I love goldfish but If i didnt have a goldfish I would get a blue ciclid or an Oscar (:

Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I've heard sharks are nice. But I love my long gin rosy barbs. If I had more room I'd have more of them! The chase eachother around the tank like they're racing. Platys are always nice too, my orange ones look angry. My blue(sparkly white really) are beautiful as well. Angel fish are also cool. I only have one but again would get more if I could

Tags
stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com