Need Input On What To Do With Two Gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depending on where you're located and how good you feel about have shrimp, you can find some pretty dwarf shrimp outside of RCS to keep. I'm actually really interested to see what a 2 gallon looks like!

Predfan27 said:
Depending on where you're located and how good you feel about have shrimp, you can find some pretty dwarf shrimp outside of RCS to keep. I'm actually really interested to see what a 2 gallon looks like!

Wish I could post pictures, but my phone refuses to take picture without a memory card...

I have seen some awesome shrimp, like Orange Bee Shrimp, and Rudolph Shrimp.

sponge filtration, and agreed with rookie, a dozen to start would be perfect. Add tons of plants, or moss.

I wouldn't go with the fancy shrimp, mostly because of the cost factor. Plus there are always bugs and tweaks to work out with new tank setups, so it'd be a better idea to get that out of the way with a more hardy/cheap species like rcs.

jetajockey said:
sponge filtration, and agreed with rookie, a dozen to start would be perfect. Add tons of plants, or moss.

I wouldn't go with the fancy shrimp, mostly because of the cost factor. Plus there are always bugs and tweaks to work out with new tank setups, so it'd be a better idea to get that out of the way with a more hardy/cheap species like rcs.

Ok, thank you! I've been looking for sponge filters, and I have not been able to find any. Do you know where I could purchase one? Or would DIY sponge filter be the better choice?

jetajockey said:
You could DIY it if you wanted, it's easy enough. Aquaclear foam filter inserts work great for that. I usually order my sponge filters online, there's several sources.

Could you tell me how you make your sponge filters? And could you give me some websites were they sell sponge filters?

When you buy the CFL, be sure to get a "daylight" one that burns at 6500k. The regular household ones are warm and burn at under 3k.

You can find sponge filter sellers online by searching the word 'Sponge Filter for Aquariums.' You can use Google or another search provider.

JimmyA

Back
Top Bottom