Need instructions ASAP please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iforged

Aquarium Advice Regular
Guys,
So my friend just gave me his sponge from his 55gal tank to put in my tank to boost the cycle. (or finish it up quicker) I had nitrites in tank off the charts already for 1.5 weeks, and seeing nitrates now. So to boost it even more, he gave me his whole sponge from his running tank.

So my questions is, WHERE do i put his sponge in my filter? I got the 3-stage Fluval 306 Canister filter. buttom tray Sponge, middle tray ceramic tubes, top tray is my carbon bags.

WHERE do i stick his sponge at? Can I just put it inside the aquarium near the Air Bubble Wall? OR do i put it inside my canister trays, and if so WHERE and HOW?

Please help, dont got much time before the bacteria in his sponge will start to die off?

thanks

Find room somewhere in the canister (doesn't matter where) and stick it in. It will be most helpful in the canister. I would though do a wc to drop your nitrites down to a readable level as excess nitrites can slow or stall a cycle.

Back
Top Bottom