Need Just Alittle help! Plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bushido

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok i set up a 20 gal hex about 2 months ago in my tank i have

2 Honey Gouramis
1 Kuhli Loach
1 babby Guppy
2 neon Tetras

my filter is biowhell 150 any ways ask my dad to pick me up 2 zebra otos and he come back with 2 Chinese Algae Eater is this ok for my 20gal tank? there was alot of Algae in there last night no there is half that..

so do i need to take the Chinese Algae Eaters back ASAP or will it be ok?

No, they will not be OK in a 20 gal. tank because they can get up to 10 inches long. When you have the time you should return them.

definetly yell at your pops, because if you asked him to pick up otos(which are alot smaller, docile and wont outgrow your tank) but he instead picked up CAE(which grow up to 10, are semi-aggressive, and will out grow it with no problem)...i would just bring back the CAE's and get your otos....plus i like otos much more...good luck!!! :D

mr86mister said:
definetly yell at your pops, because if you asked him to pick up otos(which are alot smaller, docile and wont outgrow your tank) but he instead picked up CAE(which grow up to 10, are semi-aggressive, and will out grow it with no problem)...i would just bring back the CAE's and get your otos....plus i like otos much more...good luck!!! :D

My bet is that they didn't have any otos, so he got the next smallest thing that eats algea. I know I am having a horrible time trying to find otos anywhere, and I'm not alone.

yep you are so vary right! he said petsmart had no more and thay told him them 2 CAE will be ok for 20gal tank and now petsmart tells me that thay are not going to let me take back them 2 fish what am i going to do?

It will take a while before thay get big enough to be a problem. Don't go out of your way to feed them and they will stay small longer. This is waht happens when you send a man to do a boy's job. If you can't take them back maybe you will be able to swap them later at another shop. Good luck.

in my experience, the smaller, non-chain stores will take fish off your hands, but usually not for store credit. If petsmart won't take them, see if you can find someone who will. Even if you don't get your money back, at least you won't have to worry about not being able to give the fish what they need.

Back
Top Bottom