Need some quick suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tornadonick

Aquarium Advice Freak
After a few months of having my 29g set up and wanting another tank it looks like i finally have a real excuse that my parents will agree with for getting another. I now have some platy fry that want a new home :) There is a 20g with hood that i can get for $30 and plan on adding my own filter. It will be set up at the end of a desk with it sticking out the long way from the wall so i will try to make it visible and look good from 2 sides. Does anybody have a set up similar to that? and does anybody have any suggestions for taking care of and setting up for fry? any help would be apreciated, i am doing my own research but it is interesting hearing from individual peoples experiences. I plan on getting the tank tonight. (I have plenty of extra substrate from my other tank)

I can't help you with the fry or the tank set up unfortunately...but I can give you a friendly warning that substrate alone may not be enough to instantly cycle and stabilize the tank. If you can move some old filter media over as well...that's your best bet. Just don't pull too much to where it causes your other tank to mini-cycle.

Hopefully someone will chime in soon regarding your other questions :)

Last edited:
tornadonick said:
unfortunately i dont have any filter media to spare and i am a bit worried. But the alternative is letting them get eaten.

I wouldn't worry too much since you're not adding much of a bio-load...but just keep an eye on your ammo level to be on the safe side. If you see any spikes it's time to break out the bucket and bottle of water conditioner (we all like Seachem Prime). This article will help tremendously if you run into any issues :)
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...-but-i-already-have-fish-what-now-116287.html

Back
Top Bottom