Need sone opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Talked to a couple LFS, but wanted to get some more input about this. The LFS's told me it would be ok to add like 6 or so endlers, a snail and a african dwarf frog. To my 5.5 gallon tank that I currently have a Mollie and a African Dwarf Frog but before I do anything would like to get any input from people with experience. Because the LFS's workers I have talked to don't always seem to be the knowledgeable...

Velksfish said:
Talked to a couple LFS, but wanted to get some more input about this. The LFS's told me it would be ok to add like 6 or so endlers, a snail and a african dwarf frog. To my 5.5 gallon tank that I currently have a Mollie and a African Dwarf Frog but before I do anything would like to get any input from people with experience. Because the LFS's workers I have talked to don't always seem to be the knowledgeable...

Make them all males and go with 5 and I think you'd be okay. I'll let others chime in.

I dunno. What concerns me is the Molly, which depending on what type could get 4 inches, and if endlers are like guppies, 6 should need a 10 gallon..

The Mollie should only get 2 to 2 1/2 inches is what the lady at LFS told me.

Do you know what species it is? 9/10 times you can't trust LFS employees and need to do extra research.

I have to agree. A 2" molly is still a juvenile unless stunted. Honestly, I think they are recommending too many animals for your tank size.

Ok thanks I will definitely do some more research. That is why i came on here. Thanks again.

tropicalmackdaddy said:
Id rehome the molly, and get the endlers, i dunno about the frog

I second this. Also, if you want to avoid accidentally ending up with and African clawed rather than an African dwarf try shrimp. My Endler's play nice with a colony of red cherries.

Back
Top Bottom