Need suggestion for new light for my tank. Please advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ananya_1990

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello guys, I am new here.

I have a established tank which has been running for about a year now. The water stats are normal. pH = 7.2. Temperature = 76F. I have 6 guppies, 6 zebra danios, 5 penguin tetras and a clown pleco.

I had never planned to, but now I want to grow plants in my tank. Please advice me on what light would be best for my tank - 18(h)*30*12 inches. It holds about 90 lts of water. I have a very basic led tube which came with the tank. I am pretty sure that's not gonna work with plants. I haven't decided on the plant species I want yet, but I would like to keep my options open.

Please advice on the light.

Thank you!

What kind of budget do you have in mind?
For about $35, this Beamswork EA should grow low light plants (according to the reviews). I have not used this model.
For $85, a Finnex 24/7 (or Finnex Planted+ 24/7) will provide low to medium lighting (it is dimmable). I am using on on a shallower tank (12") and it grows plants well.

What type of led tube is it? By the sounds of it may be fluval?

I would be careful on the lighting side of things if you are looking at planting low tech.
Are you planning on using co2 injection?

Back
Top Bottom