Need to clean this tank glass!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gustavo64

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys! I'm Gustavo, and recently I decided to get back into the hobby of having fish. I decided to buy a very pretty Dumbo Halfmoon male betta (alongside everything needed to care for it) and, thinking that I already have a nice 1-gallon fish tank at home, I put Chucho (that's the name of my betta btw) in it. I noticed Chucho was flaring a lot towards the sides of the tank, and when I went to study that I found that the sides of the tank were completely fogged up, and even acting as a two way mirror (albeit Chucho could only see himself in the sides, but I could see him) this resulted in Chucho flaring all the time and even charging at the glass. Even the front and back sides of the tank are a bit foggy. Apart from covering up those sides (which I will do as a temporary fix soon) how could I clean this old tanks' sides in a way to make them good as new?

1 gal is a little too small for a betta. Do you have a heater in there? Maybe it's warmer either on the outside or inside the tank causing the fog.

I do not have a heater in the fish tank, but I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. Almost positive its related to it being in storage too long and getting old. Thanks for the answer tho!

Is it warm enough in the room for the betta? Being tropical they usually need a heater.
Other than that if you think it can be scrubbed out i recommend finding an magnetic algae scraper. You can clean your glass without your hands getting wet.

Back
Top Bottom