Neon Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mt6571

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We have 6 neons, I've noticed twice when turning on the light in the tank in the morning 1 of them looks like it's dead, floating on it's side going up in the bubble wall. It looks completely lifeless, but both times right when I get the net it takes off & acts completely normal. 1st time was 4 days ago & then again this morning. I'm 99% sure it's the same neon, it's a little bigger than the others. Anyone know what this might be? Thank you

I seen it again this morning, this time not as long & it goes on & acts normal. I think it is simply riding in the bubbles. I've only noticed it 1st thing in the morning (maybe he is sleeping???), other than that he acts fine

Honestly I've never seen one do that. Is he still eating and schooling back with the others? I find that as long as they are schooling they are ok, if they are hiding by themselves then I've had problems.

Yes, he hangs for the most part with the school. I agree it is odd, but other than those few times he acts normal

Back
Top Bottom