Neons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im thinking about adding 3 albino cories and 6 tiger barbs for my overrated filtered 10 gallon

This is a really bad idea.

Tiger barbs need a minimum of 20 gallons, as you need a sizeable school to manage aggression levels.

Only pygmy corys would be good for 10 gallons, albinos would require at least 15-20.

Edited: I didn't realize there were 5 pages on this thread already. Are we still talking about a 10 gallon?

The topic is about what Stock I can add to a 36 gallon bowfront with currently 1 dg and 1 bnp. I'm looking to get 8 of any tetra at my lfs. Sorry for the confusion.:)

aquaplanner said:
I can't find rams in my lfs, anything else?

Why don't you makes list of the fish your lts has that you like and we can suggest which ones work. Otherwise we are playing darts in the dark.

Also, ask the manager of your lfs if they'd order fish in for you that they don't normally stock. Another option is aquabids. If your in the USA shipping is reasonable and the fish are generally great quality. I've even bought off there even though shipping to Canada is pricy. The fish I got were marvelous!

Cichlids, blood parrots,dwarf gouramis, bnp,kuhli loaches, ghost shrimp, and snails

aquaplanner said:
Cichlids, blood parrots,dwarf gouramis, bnp,kuhli loaches, ghost shrimp, and snails

Okay so you have said you definitely want a gourami so let's start there.

Blood Parrots: need much bigger tank than a 29g

BNP: you could get away with one

Cichlids: what kind? This is a HUGE family of fish with a vast array of different requirements

Snails: again what kinds?

Ghost Shrimp: never had any with gourami but these are a possibility. I'll let others chime in.

Kuhli Loach: you need at least a group of five and lots of hiding places. I don't know if there is enough floor space for them and a bnp in a 29g. Again I'll let others comment.

There are really no active swimmers in that lot. So your tank would be very bottom heavy.

Back
Top Bottom