New 10 gal is up and running. Here are some pics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfink

Aquarium Advice Freak
My new 10 gal planted tank is up and running. Here are the specs:
(Check my picture poster for 4 new picts!)

Eclipse 1 Twin light hood and filtration. 30 Watts
Substrate: 20 lbs Eco-Complete & 10 lbs Tahitian Moon Sand (mixed) about 2-2.5" deep now.
Mostly medium light plants, and some high light plants in the front.
Malaysian Driftwood cave made out of 2 interlocking pieces. I set it up so I can see into the cave from the front and right side of the tank. This should be neat for watching fish who hide in there.
No CO2, but I do dose Excel.

Impressions so far:
The Eclipse 1 Twin light is plently bright, but the filtration sort of blocks light toward the back of the tank. The lights are tilted toward the back by design though, so that helps. I put the lower light plants back there. Current is pretty strong at 150 GPH. I direct flow along the back of the tank to get smoother circulation. The stand is bracketed to the wall, and the setup is fairly kitty proof. They actually spend quite a bit of time sitting on it. :D

Eco-complete was a muddy mess, and fine gray dust settled on top. I had to turn the substrate over several times over the course of a few days to help the dust settle below the larger grains. Now it is great!

Plants are in, and I am tweaking the arrangment. After a few more days I will do some trimming and start establishing some better heights.

The 5 Cardinal Tetras are so vibrant, that after I got them the plants looked pale in comparison! 8O

Check my picture poster for 4 new picts and let me know what you think!

Back
Top Bottom