New 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcunningham14

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to the hobby (kept fish as a kid off and on but this is my first go around as an adult). I work at a nonprofit that serves kid and I thought having some fish in our waiting area would be fun! Bought a 10 gallon tank (on a tight budget!) and wanted to see what you all thought about stocking it before I moved forward!

I was thinking about 5 tiger barbs and 3 panda corys. Is that too much for a 10 gallon? Any other suggestions?

Tiger Barbs would be a bit cramped in a 10g! If you're sticking to a tight budget you could go with something like 6-10 of a dwarf rasbora species. I like Espei Rasboras, bright flashy orange with a little black streak (and they're right around 2$ in my area). You could check out AqAdvisor, too. It's a good place to go to try and ballpark what you can do with a tank if you're unsure(y)

If you are on a tight budgets then consider a betta fish. You can add some fancy looking snails with it. Mystery snails can be fun to watch they will climb to the top and dive bomb back to the bottom.

I have a betta in a ten gallon tank with a mystery snail. I originally got the snail to help minimize the algae but he has quickly become the star of the tank. I have never seen a snail move so fast. He also dives off the sides of the aquarium and will occasionally even float!

Back
Top Bottom