New 10 gallon tank need fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zac15

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just reset up my 10 gallon tank what types of are recommended and is it good to have a underground filter for it?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1421965969220.jpg
    1421965969220.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 100
*fish

More info?

Hi zac15:

I'm not sure I understood your question. Do you mean an "undergravel" filter? If so, then yes that should be fine for a 10 gal if you set it up and maintain it properly. A suitably sized sponge or box filter or a small hang-on-the back would also be fine.

As far as stocking the tank is concerned, what are your water parameters (ph, hardness, etc.)? That's probably the best place to start.

-Yorg

I just reset up my 10 gallon tank what types of are recommended and is it good to have a underground filter for it?

Thank you and everything is normal i meant to ask what were good types of fish to add in a 10 gallon tank?

For planted tanks under gravel filter's are not recommended, because the roots interfere.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421985620.399307.jpg

If you can get them I recommend Celestial Pearl Danios. (CPDs)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421985722.940469.jpg

Or Ember Tetras or other Nano species.

RCS ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421985793.980476.jpg

Tiny Cory habrosus
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421985822.129688.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421985856.968524.jpg

http://youtu.be/aptmdICahvM

If you want normal fish ?

Glowlights seem healthier than most Neons.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a betta, pygmy cories, and 3 african dwarf frogs in my 10g. And I have an 8 gallon with a betta and 4 celestial pearl danios. And another 8 gallon with 3 sparkling gouramis and 7 kubotai rasboras. Lots of nano/small fish to choose from!

do people think a male crowntail, 3 corys(peppered, juili, green), 4 tetras(3 neon, 1 rummynose), a albino bristlenose, 3 ghost shrimp and a mystery snail is too much for a 10g?

I have a male crowntail and three peppered cories in my 10 gal. I personally would not put tetras with a crowntail betta as they can be fin nippers and In my case. Big Red looks like a swimming pile of fresh bloodworms, way too tempting. Alison

ooo i'll have to keep an eye on them then! havent seen anything yet luckily. And nice! I love my peppered a lot! he snuggles with the betta sometimes and has the funniest personality of them all

I've had a Betta slaughter Corys. Every Betta is different. I no longer keep Bettas with anything other than Ghost Shrimp or a snail.

Make sure you have a backup plan.

do people think a male crowntail, 3 corys(peppered, juili, green), 4 tetras(3 neon, 1 rummynose), a albino bristlenose, 3 ghost shrimp and a mystery snail is too much for a 10g?

Mixing Corys isn't great. 3 of the same is better. peppered Cory get too big. I'd do dwarf species x6.

1 Rummynose ? No. Need a group.

Try 5 Neons instead. May get chased as they are bright colors.

A BN Pleco ??? Please research. These should be in 30g or larger. Their poop negates any cleaning that they do. Plus they get way too big for a 10 gallon.

A mish mash of single fish is really not a good way to go. It can cause stress and or aggression.

Except for the Betta and Pleco, most of the species prefer to be in as large a group as you can fit. I would say start with a lot of plants and put the betta in last.

Read up on each species.

Back
Top Bottom