New 100 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skyan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had a 10 Gallon tank before, but my tank was starting to crowd (they were breeding and their offspring kept surviving so naturally I panicked and bought the biggest tank I could find that was within my budget).

So now I have a 100 Gallon tank and like 10 fish inside. There are 10 Zebra Danios and a Betta inside right now. I'm working on planting the tank with live plants and slowly removing the fake ones, so that would come first.

What I'd like to know is what is compatible with the Danios and Bettas?

Thanks in advance. :D

The bettas shouldnt harm any other fish your stocking selection may be a little limited as the betta have long flowing fins so fish that are fin nippers such as most barbs and some tetras would not be suitable. The Danios will be fine with almost anything you want to stick in there Since you have such a large tank you can stock it with some small schooling fish research tetras and even rainbowfish they are very nice and will enjoy such a large tank. Try to research different fish that occupy the bottom, middle, and top area of the aquarium to make it full and lively. Most any tetra will be fine for the middle, cory cats or loach's for the bottom and danios for the top. If your betta was not in your tank your stocking options would be more open but if you really enjoy your betta then just stock around it.

Last edited:
I do have a 10 gallon tank I could move him to. That tank is empty so he'd still have quite a bit of space for himself.

Back
Top Bottom