New 100 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Supergummy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi I'm new to this site and signed up because i needed some help....
I have had a 10 gallon tank and a 5 gallon tank for 2 years. My sister uses the 5 gallon as her guppie tank. Next week I will be getting a 100 gallon tank. I plan on transporting the 7 tetras and 5 guppies from my 10 gallon to the 100.
I would like to know what equipment, plants, and I would like a variety of fish.
It's going to be a tropical freshwater community tank.:thanks:

It's s hundred gallon long I believe.
I was thinking
11 guppies
6 tetras
5 Cory's
5 shark tails
2 honey gouramis.

My dad says I can add more fish?
Do think I can?

A filter to handle that bioload and a heater are the firsts. What do you have in mind?

I would like double filtration. The filter needs to work with sand. As far as light I would like to have a day and night mode. I have no minimal spending.

Sounds good for me, will the filter work well with sand?

Is there any other cheaper filters, money is not a huge deal but still would like to keep a minimal

I think I'm going to do 2 penguin 350 b filters there both for up to 75 gallon and only 30 bucks each

Sand. I have sand and it looks amazing. I would reccomend Pool filter sand that you can find at Home depot or your pool supply store. I would suggest 2 AquaClear 110's they are good with sand and handle tanks up to 110 gallons. I would get 2. And then a canister filter.

What about the other two filters I sum jested, their bio wheel filters

Back
Top Bottom