New 10gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AndrewsPistol said:
Well ur pretty stocked, with babies on the way :( I would wait to add fish. Plus Oto's eat algea and with this being a new tank you should let it mature more... I hear they are pretty picky fish when it comes to water conditions. I've never owned one.

What should I do if I don't want the babies? :( I would keep them but I would like to get more variety in the tank. I know it's not a big tank but I don't want all platys.

What should I do if I don't want the babies? :( I would keep them but I would like to get more variety in the tank. I know it's not a big tank but I don't want all platys.

Palette nature take its course with them. Fish eat the babies so if you don't separate them most if not all may get eaten.

AndrewsPistol said:
Well ur pretty stocked, with babies on the way :( I would wait to add fish. Plus Oto's eat algea and with this being a new tank you should let it mature more... I hear they are pretty picky fish when it comes to water conditions. I've never owned one.

And also how many on average do platys give birth to? :)

Calypso77 said:
They can have as little as only one baby someone on here their platy just had 50, it happens.

Oh my! 50! Haha :D

Calypso77 said:
They can have as little as only one baby someone on here their platy just had 50, it happens.

From the picture, can u tell if the fish is pregnant?

She looks like she may be pregnant to me, time will tell, she will get bigger.

We all started out as newb's it is a big learning experience and fun. ;)

Calypso77 said:
She looks like she may be pregnant to me, time will tell, she will get bigger.

We all started out as newb's it is a big learning experience and fun. ;)

Haha definitely fun! And unexpected! ;)

Haha definitely fun! And unexpected! ;)

When I first started with fish keeping my Molly had babies a week after I got her, it was funny watching me go crazy tho trying to figure out who was having the babies. Then I had to apologize to her for thinking she was just a fat fish. lol

Calypso77 said:
When I first started with fish keeping my Molly had babies a week after I got her, it was funny watching me go crazy tho trying to figure out who was having the babies. Then I had to apologize to her for thinking she was just a fat fish. lol

Haha :) Did u keep the fry? i actually got just two platys to do a fish in cycle and I happen to get a pregnant one! I did think she looked bigger but I thought maybe it was older lol :p

I did keep the fry but sadly none survived longer than a month with it being a FishIn cycle. ;(

Calypso77 said:
I did keep the fry but sadly none survived longer than a month with it being a FishIn cycle. ;(

:( ok I think maybe ill try keep them and see how they go.

Back
Top Bottom