New 20 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chandleragroce

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a new 20 gallon tank I'd like to fill with fish, I was wondering what combinations would work with kissing gouramis, a betta, tetras, goldfish, mollies, or guppies. NOT all together of course haha I am up for suggestions if you have had fish in the past that are not on the list that you liked please suggest and tell me about them!

My kissing gouramis are out side in there pond with Oscars and parrot fish, They hold there own.

A dwarf gourami as a centerpiece fish would be good in a 20g tank if you like those.

In a small tank I would recommend picking something as a centerpiece and then building a supporting cast around it.

IMG_1139.jpg I have this little guy he will get big but young he should be happy in his 20 gallon he is a syodontis catfish

I love Dwarf Gouramis, but the stock has been infected for years now with Iridovirus:

https://freshaquaria.org/profiles/disease/dwarf-gourami-iridovirus

It can attack all anabantids, but Dwarfs seem particularly hit by it. That's one reason I recommended Honey Dwarfs, which seem less affected.

If you want to stick with Dwarfs, be sure to buy only from a trusted LFS that has clearly healthy stock.

Would liveaquaria be a good site? Or do have a recommendation on sites that are trustworthy?

Wow what a cutie! I'll look into that

He is nocturnal so you'll only see him most times when tank light is off but they are a treat he swims all around and goes up to the top and swims upside down parallel the surface I was lucky to see him out and get this picture haha

Back
Top Bottom