New 22 gal tank not totally on a table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

32blownhemi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a new 22 gal tank. If I set it up with one corner of the tank off of the table is that a big deal? A corner that's 2" x 2" x 2 3/4"... Tank is approximately 35" x 12" x 12"... Thank You! Bill

Are you saying the footprint of the tank is larger than the table? Perhaps a sheet of plywood might help. What kind of table are you referring to? Pics would be helpful.

If the bottom of the tank isn't fully supported it puts pressure on that spot and can cause the tank to crack or the seals to burst

Thank You for the replies! I see your point of it not being supported so I won't do it that way. The table is plenty big enough for the tank I just wanted the hose for the canister filter to go straight up into the tank. I read something where you shouldn't have a bend in the hoses.... Bad idea! Thanks again! Bill

Attachments

• 20180630_134428_001_resized.jpg
    20180630_134428_001_resized.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 47
Hope you haven't looked at my above reply yet cuz this is related. I took the tank outside to fill it up just to make sure it doesn't leak & the pad they gave me to put under it is 3/8" shorter than the tank. Actually it's short by the thickness of the glass used. Wouldn't this put strain on the tank also? And the table I'm putting it on definitely needs the pad. Tank rocks back & forth a little on it.... Thank You! Bill

Attachments

• 20180630_155841_resized.jpg
    20180630_155841_resized.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 49
And I've got some left over A grade plywood out in the garage. I'm going to cut a piece to go under the tank....

wow that glass looks insanely think for a 22 gallon tank. it looks like the thickness of my 75g tank. either way yes dont ever let a tank be larger than the surface you are putting it on. pad or table. its a disaster waiting to happen.

Thank You Goatnad! Ok, I'll call 'em Monday & ask for a larger piece. It's 8 mm thick / 5/16"... i'm a firm believer in 'buy once, cry once' so I tried to get the best tank I could find. An Aquamaxx, with low iron glass.... Bill

Back
Top Bottom