New 25 gallon tank - ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jujubee

Aquarium Advice Freak
If all goes well Ill have a 25 gallon tank by weeks end :D I'm super excited by this news and can't wait. Question now is, stocking.

I have 4 platys in a 10 gallon now should I leave them in that tank or move them into the 25 once cycled? I don't even know if I'd use gravel or sand, I do love a planted tank. And as far as fish, if I leave my platys what would you guys suggest, any favorites? I would love to try a community tank, I really like marbled hatchets.

I'm open for ideas or advice, if you have pictures of your own tanks that would also be great to play off of! -plants -fish -substrate -filters ect.

I will also mention one of my platys gave birth and I was able to save 4 fry who are currently in a 1.5 gallon tank with a small filter of their own for now. Should I give the little guys away once they get bigger or keep them? (Pretty sure my female was pregnant when I got her, she was housed with other sunset platys) if she did mate with one of my males they'll either be a mix of sunset and red wag or high fin (all Mickey Mouse)

This will be a longer process, I do not intend to rush. I want to properly cycle the tank first before adding ANY fish. This is just to get some ideas going. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom