New 29 gal. tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteCon80289

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a new 29 gallon tank. I was wondering if anyone knew what types of fish would go good with 4 tiger barbs, 3-4 tetras, about 6 neon tetras, and my pleco

Also wondering what types of artificial plants i should get. How many? and What size? where should i locate the plants?

Thank you

You may have a problem with 4 tiger barbs since they tend to be fin nippers. Definitely stay away from fish with long fins like Angels, guppies, and bettas.

Maybe you should get a few more tiger barbs so that they will be more likely to keep their aggression amongst themselves.

As far as artificial plants, go with any type and color that suits your tastes. Get some tall ones to cover your filter intake and heater and a couple of short bushy ones for the foreground. The fish will appreciate the cover. Personally, I think the silk plants look more realistic, but they are much more expensive.

I like the way silk plants look too. I have some. The only problems with them are that they are harder to clean because the algae and/or diatoms tend to get in the fibers. The other problem with them is that they fray over time. For these reasons, I am about to replace them with plastic. If only I had a green thumb, I'd go with real ones..... :roll:

definitely get 2-3 more tigers...groups of 6 or more are always preferable...even then they may nip the long finned fish, so avoid the fish Qtoffer mentioned.

a pleco will outgrow that tank in under a year, and can also be aggressive and territorial...so keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom