new 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konrade

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a 29 gallon for my birthday, and decided to go with freshwater since I already have a salt. Silver needelfish are awesome too me and I was wondering if 2 in there would be alright. Also, would some south american fish, not cichlids, but a large angel or something be alright too. I know it sounds a little bit much but I'm thinking it should be fine. Any thoughts on what I should keep with spmething like needlefish? I also like out of the ordinary fish too. Sugestions would be great thanks.

yah i am asuming you mean a long nosed gar and those get to be 12" and require a very large surface area. Also the tank can't be too narrow because they don''t turn to tightly. I was interest in buying one, but i was told i would need an aquarium bigger than 55gals.

I think you might ahve long nosed and needlenose confused. But yeah I was thinking the same thing. They get about 12 inches max from what I have read. So, a 55 gallon would suffice for a while do you think?

I'm not positive... I'm sure they would be fine in there for awhile. My friends sister has one in a 30gal, and its pretty big. I can't say its too happy in there, but its in there. I don't know how well two would do together, but I think 55gals would be fine until they get close to the width of the tank. Length wise its fine.

Back
Top Bottom