New 29 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeonRaccoon

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a 29 gallon tank at petco for 50% off and it came with the tetra whisper EX30 filter. I was wondering what i should stock the tank with. I already have a dalmatian moll, 2 guppies, and a red wag platy. I want to eventually breed some fish like guppies or platies. This is what I am thinking of doing right now http://www.aqadvisor.com/AquStockIm...201009131255:,6:200909300144:,1:201001021209:
I would also like to do a school of some fish as another option but i don't know what type of fish to get. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

I would stick with whatever live bearer you want to bread and I would say some neons and some sort of bottom feeder. You won't have to do much as far as breeding, once they start breeding you will he over run with them in no time. If you don't have a separate tank for fry be sure and have plenty of plant cover (live or fake) and hiding places for the fry so they can survive.

I have a 5.5g tank with those fish I already have in it. I was going to move those fish to the big tank and make the 5.5g a shrimp tank with a betta would fry work with a betta or will it eat them

Back
Top Bottom