New 29g, looking for stocking suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lfs is usually wrong unless you really trust them and it isnt a chain store, Ph doesnt really matter unless your keeping a Wild caught fish or african cichlids, which doesnt seem to apply to you. The deaths were most likely caused by ammonia and nitrite, nitrate is fine as long as it stays low. (0-10)

My Ph is at 7.6 aswell and my fish have never had a problem with it. (well my FW but my SW tanks water is buffered to 8.3 by my RODI unit) you can try and use indian almond leaves or beech leaves but as i said it doesnt really matter unless your fish are wild caught.

Look up nitrogen cycle if you are intrested about cycling. Good luck with the fish! :)

Thanks for all your help.

7.6 is on the high side for neons, but shouldn't be enough to kill them so quickly as most are tank raised. Weak neons are very common. I haven't read through this thread in a while so I'm assuming you cycled the tank somehow... if not, losses are likely with neons.

Lfs is usually wrong unless you really trust them and it isnt a chain store, Ph doesnt really matter unless your keeping a Wild caught fish or african cichlids, which doesnt seem to apply to you. The deaths were most likely caused by ammonia and nitrite, nitrate is fine as long as it stays low. (0-10)

My Ph is at 7.6 aswell and my fish have never had a problem with it. (well my FW but my SW tanks water is buffered to 8.3 by my RODI unit) you can try and use indian almond leaves or beech leaves but as i said it doesnt really matter unless your fish are wild caught.

Look up nitrogen cycle if you are intrested about cycling. Good luck with the fish! :)

No it isn't; it is buffered by your salt mix. ;)

7.6 is on the high side for neons, but shouldn't be enough to kill them so quickly as most are tank raised. Weak neons are very common. I haven't read through this thread in a while so I'm assuming you cycled the tank somehow... if not, losses are likely with neons.

No it isn't; it is buffered by your salt mix. ;)

Oh lol, thought it was the unit the guy at the lfs told me that but i guess not lol

Back
Top Bottom