New 29g, with pictures.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rorsia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently, I moved to a new state. Somethings didn't work out, so I relocated again. Every other tank I had is now at the ladies house, and she's not giving them up. Hmm..

I bought a 29g tank the other day, and just now decided what to do with it.
The sealant is currently drying on the plexiglass, but here is what it should look like, and I will get a picture of the actual tank when I can get my camera from her...Gah..she hoards everything.

Attachments

• TANKZOR.jpg
    TANKZOR.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 71
It is a paludarium? Whats the middle part with the dots?

Yep, she has two of my smaller tanks now.

I suppose it is a paludarium...or a vivarium? Not really sure of the difference there.

The black dots is my crude drawing of substrate that is underwater and could possibly just be gravel for a time. The separating glass on the right side, the short one, is just there for the substrate because I like sloping tanks and that way it can slope without much effort.

When I get home today I will start with the land side and start putting some filter material and substrate down. I will have pictures for each process.

Thanks for the replies. :king:

Forget to mention the actual water filter.

I think im going to buy a cheap underwater filter and attach some sort of hose to it and wrap it around and make a waterfall (or water trickle? not sure of gph yet) to add to the awesomeness.

Recently, I moved to a new state. Somethings didn't work out, so I relocated again. Every other tank I had is now at the ladies house, and she's not giving them up. Hmm..

I bought a 29g tank the other day, and just now decided what to do with it.
The sealant is currently drying on the plexiglass, but here is what it should look like, and I will get a picture of the actual tank when I can get my camera from her...Gah..she hoards everything.

Legally she can't hold your tanks- If you paid your rent to that person for the month ( i'm assuming its month to month room rental or something of the sort?) She would have to have good cause for withholding your tanks and what ever personal belongings. If i were you i'd make a inventory list what you had taken over there and prepare to go to court for this issue .. unless you owe rent or signed a lease for 12 months she really has no leg to stand on for keeping your stuff - i would go over there with the police and request your stuff- be prepared with a big enough truck for everything as it is a 1 time shot having the police help you get your stuff back .

Good luck

LOL. No no, not my land lady, my woman, mah hoe, you know, the 'girlfriend'?
Didn't know what to call her so I called her my lady, sorry about that mix-up.

Oh oh oh! I thought you meant the landlady was holding your tanks! I see. Well, that's different! I was going to lend you a scary-looking biker-dude mate of mine!

Hahah : D

An update. I was without access to a camera, and the sealant finished...so of course I started with the rest of the project. The land is filled, aquatic and land plants are in, a long hang over filter is in use until my underwater one arrives, and I've got this nice little rock wall built up to create some sort of waterfall with that filter.

I promise to have pictures up as soon as I can, hopefully later today.

Here we are.

This is still work in progress.

The water is murky because of the weird substrate I've got.

Attachments

• 100_1238.jpg
    100_1238.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_1243.jpg
    100_1243.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_1241.jpg
    100_1241.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 57
Yeah, that substrate is Flourite. Is there something I'm doing wrong because I can't seem to get it to stay clean if there is some disturbance across the bottom of the water. Anyone use some type of strategy in rock cleaning?

Back
Top Bottom