New 30-gallon High!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

figliaperduta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, not new. Found it at a yard sale, old glass one, for $20. Resealed it, cleaned it, now it looks as good as new! Emperor 400 filter, driftwood, fake plants, big piece of slate, and about an inch and a half of gravel. All it needs is some fish!

I want to go with a pair of convicts, an upside-down cat, a trio of cories (I'm liking the Peppered Cories, right now), and an Ancistrus or smaller pleco, not to exceed 5 inches.

My question is, is this too many catfish? Is this too many fish? I know cories and plecoes are pretty peaceful, but I don't know about the upside-downs. Might there be aggression problems?

Thanks.

If you get a male and female convict, as soon as they start breeding the cories and anything that hangs out near the bottom will probably be viciously attacked...or at the least forced to remain in a small portion of the tank.

Even my 10" long polypterus didn't want to mess with the Convicts when they were breeding (but he sure did take care of my overpopulation problem when the convict parents weren't looking).

Back
Top Bottom