New 36 gallon bowfront help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clambeth25

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I am new to the aquarium hobby. My father just got rid of his aquarium and was going to get rid his 4 year old angel fish and his 2 year old Male betta that is extremely calm and doesnt bother the angel fish. I couldnt let that happen so I went and bought a new 36 gallon bowfront aquarim. The filter is a Aqueon 30 gallon filter with 200 gallon per hour filtration. Long story short, I have the two fish in the new Aquarium uncycled... I put the tank together Sunday the 18th.. On Tuesday night I took the levels and they read Ammonia 0.5 and Ph 8.2 and the temp is roughly 78 degrees...The Betta is loving the new tank but the Angel fish not so much! He is staying in the bottom of the tank in the corner.. He doesnt look sick, just not swiming all that much.. I live in the country and have well water.. Well I checked the water coming out of my faucet and it is showing to have 0.25-0.5 of ammonia in it already and the Ph level is around 7.8-8.0... Today I changed approx 15-20% of my water in my tank.. I will take the readings when I get off work at 7:00 pm today.. Am I doing this right? Please help!!

Attachments

• 20151020_215438.jpg
    20151020_215438.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom