New 36g Bow Front tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish-For-Thought

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK, so I am upgrading a 10g to a 36g bow front and I am unsure how to stock it. In my 10g i have 8 neon tetras and a beta. I know that 8 tetras could use more room to be comfortable so I am probably going to put them in the 36g. I really want a larger center piece fish but what are some options I could look into?

Sharks always look cool but I think that most are recommended for a 50g+ but I could be wrong and I don't know if it would be a good idea with tetras.

I am super excited for this new tank so thank you for the help!

congrats on the upgrade. Your neons will seriously thank you and you betta too I bet!

so hmm.

Some fish I really love the look of, in no particular order and not saying these can all go together(but will certainly be ok with your neons)

I'd stay away from angels because once they are full grown they will probably eat the neons.
rainbow fish(boesemani are my fave)
gourami - many kinds and lots of different looks. dwarfs(powder blue, neon blue and flame are my favs) but chocolate, Licorice, opaline, sparkling and honey are nice too.
female betta
You have an insane amount of schooling fish you could do
Rasboras, axelrods and harlequins are nice
zebra danios
white cloud(or golden white cloud) minnows
tetras of course - rummy nose, black phantom, and prestilla(both xray and gold) to name a few
You could do some bottom dwellers
like a shoal of corys like peppered, panda or false julii or Otos

or you also have a bunch of options for live bearers.. really I guess it mostly depends on what sort of tank you want. Do you have any other ideas beyond the neons. If you give us another fish you like it would be easier to give more specific suggestions

I really like the rainbow fish idea. I think cories would be a good addition to tour tank too. Maybe a school of 5 cories would do good with ur neons

Thanks guys gives me a lot of options. Looks like I might go with a few schools of fish and maybe a center piece after I do more research. Do people ever put bettas in larger tanks? Considering just turning my 10g to a quarantine tank with some invertebrate in it.

Back
Top Bottom