New 37gal (long, sorry!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankGirl

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, this is how it started - I have a 6gal Eclipse on my desk that houses ADF's and Endler's. I bought a scratched tank stand from PetsMart because it was on clearance for a song and it matched my desk very well, and I could put the tank on it and free up some valuable desk space. The stand fits right against my desk in my office.

I was happy for a time until I saw the label inside the stand, which stated it could hold up to a 37gal tank. The wheels started turning, birthday coming up.... and a tank sale at my favorite LFS was the kiss of death.

Now I am happily planning on keeping Altolamprologus calvus (black) in there, and hope to get a spawning pair out of a group of 6 I will get from Bluegrass Cichlids or Armkes. For tankmates I am considering (*gasp*) praecox rainbows, as suggested by some cichlidophiles with experience keeping calvus. There are not too many Lake Tang fish I could keep in this tall tank with calvus. It is sortof exhillarating to think of straying from the biotope, at least for me. Take a walk on the wild side, why don't I :wink:

This has some Caribsea Ivory Coast cichlid sand, lace rock and will be filtered by an Eheim Ecco 2234 canister. I also splurged on a Current USA Satellite PC fixture that has moon lights, so I can run fluoro during the day and moon lighting at night. I was impressed with the price of this fixture, as it seems to compare very well with Coralife fixtures, but nowhere near as pricey. The best thing is that it is a room-divider tank and I can see through it while sitting at my desk.

When all the stuff arrives I'll post pics - My family just sighs, because they know I have lost my mind yet again :D

TankGirl said:
My family just sighs, because they know I have lost my mind yet again :D

TG - Have you informed your family that you have MTS and the treatment for it takes a lifetime since there is no cure?

Getting back to the subject...very nice indeed. You have a combo room divider-aquarium desk ornament. What could be possibly wrong with that?

What would have happened if the label inside the stand said "holds up to 125 gallon"?
LOL

I like the idea of a room divider and decoration.

I wish we could have aquariums at school lol.

Best of luck to you with the new tank!

Back
Top Bottom