new 40b ram build. need suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joel618

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am setting up my 40b. Im planning on using pfs. Im also going to use alot of wood to try to naturally buffer the ph down. I would like to build the tank around the rams, as many have said to do. My plan for stocking is:

A pair m/f pair of rams. (still not sure which)
6 panda cories
10-12 maybe more tetras (either rummy nose or neons)
Maybe 3 oto's or a bn pleco.

I would like to make it planted, but don't have much xp w plants. Suggestions on good plants for a beginner?

Do it sound like im on the right track?

Also im getting a canister filter for my 75, so I will put my 2 emperor 400's on it for filtration. Overkill I know but they wouldn't be used otherwise.

Tracie6283 said:
Our rams did very well in a community tank. I think that sounds awesome!

What kind of rams do you have? Im thinking about getting the Bolivians, I hear gbr can be kinda hard to keep.

I am setting up my 40b. Im planning on using pfs. Im also going to use alot of wood to try to naturally buffer the ph down. I would like to build the tank around the rams, as many have said to do. My plan for stocking is:

A pair m/f pair of rams. (still not sure which)
6 panda cories
10-12 maybe more tetras (either rummy nose or neons)
Maybe 3 oto's or a bn pleco.

I would like to make it planted, but don't have much xp w plants. Suggestions on good plants for a beginner?

Do it sound like im on the right track?

Sounds good! :)

Hornwort, pennywort, anubias, java fern, java moss and anacharis are all fairly easy to grow.

We keep gbr and bolivian. I keep hearing how hard they are to keep. We've lucked out somehow and are able to have them. They even started spawning!

Back
Top Bottom