New 40g breeder stock help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

serena00

Aquarium Advice Freak
I wanna hear what YOU would put in this tank if you could choose anything!! Looking for more of a community/ multiple fish. Thanks. :)

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

Hillstream loaches, rainbow fish, zebra Pleco, some blood fin tetras, and a cpl of rams.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hillstream loaches, rainbow fish, zebra Pleco, some blood fin tetras, and a cpl of rams.

I would heartily agree with everything on the list except the hillstreams, they just don't match the other fish for temperature.

I would also throw Harlequin rasbora, cardinal tetras, a gourami of some sort (I have a blue in mine), and hatchets on the list of potentials.

I would heartily agree with everything on the list except the hillstreams, they just don't match the other fish for temperature.

I would also throw Harlequin rasbora, cardinal tetras, a gourami of some sort (I have a blue in mine), and hatchets on the list of potentials.

Agree. Hill streams cannot tolerate tropical water. They really need their own riverine tank or with other cold water loaches that enjoy the strong current.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would normally not add them in. But I've got 7 that love, love, love my 150 gal planted discus at 84degrees. I know they are a colder, faster moving water fish. But if they're breeding for me in 84degree water without trying to breed them then they must be happy. I've got 30 of them now. Gold ring reticulated hillstream loaches. All are in tropical water now because the first group liked it so much I keep em all in with discus. Strange because it shouldn't work. But it is & very well. I originally put 5 of them in the 150 discus tank until I got the 33L river tank finished. They got the brightest gold in the tank and we're being very group social so I left them. Now I've got 7 in there. Didn't add any. So I left them. They're happy, I'm happy. I didn't even think they bred in captivity. I was wrong. Like usual. Lol. Happy tanking.

My current thoughts... 1 rainbow shark, 5 Odessa barbs, 1 dwarf gourami. I'm still thinking what to add with that. Currently looking into the fish you all suggested.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta

Hatchets are cool but I'm guessing my stock won't work with them...

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta

Here's my stock list for mine if you want any ideas:
Upside Down Catfish x3
Zebra Danio x5
Bloodfin Tetra x5
Flying Fox x1
German Blue Ram x2
Albino BN Pleco x1
Bolivian Ram x2
Rainbow Shark x1
Black Kulii Loach x5
Cherry Barb x6

Here's my stock list for mine if you want any ideas:
Upside Down Catfish x3
Zebra Danio x5
Bloodfin Tetra x5
Flying Fox x1
German Blue Ram x2
Albino BN Pleco x1
Bolivian Ram x2
Rainbow Shark x1
Black Kulii Loach x5
Cherry Barb x6

and this is a 40g?

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta

My 40b stock as of right now:

3x Praecox rainbows (I plan on breeding these and cranking the school up to 8)
8x Harlequin rasbora
1x Blue Gourami
1x Orinoco Angel pleco
1x Red Tailed shark
2x Angels

Back
Top Bottom