new 50 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hello to all, well here's the latest update on my tank. check water last nite, ammonia-0, nitrites-0, nitrates-about 5. guess i went through a mini cycle per joannde. i couldn't believe the nitrites went to zero so fast the other day. still thinking about adding a second filter, maybe a magnum 350 with the bio wheels or another emperor 400. my fish are doing fine.

all is well, thanks to all of you guys for the help. tank is doing fine nitrates around 10. kinda sweated it out for awhile, but was worth it.

hi all, well i think my tank is cycled. however i have a problem with my tap water's ph. i've checked it the last week using an a/p test kit. its showing the tap water to be 7.6. i checked it about a month ago per joannde and it was 7.0. i'm afraid to do a pwc now, fearing the rise in ph. my tank ph is between 7.0 and 7.2 now. any suggestions will be welcomed. do any of the ph additives on the market help like bullseye 7.0? please help.

no, checked right from the tap as i do my pwc straight from the tap, adding dechlor. what is kh?

kh is carbonate hardness. You should get a test kit for it, it more important than PH. Your tap waters PH will change if you let it sit opvernight. It will gas off any CO2 in it and the ph will change.

Don' t use any chemicals. I imagine you will find the PH is the same after the gas off.

Back
Top Bottom